Hey y'all! Can you believe that Thanksgiving is NEXT week?! I feel like once November begins, the rest of the year goes by so fast and ends up being a blur. Fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year. I mean what's not to LOVE?! Sweater weather, scarves & boots, cozy nights at home, changing of the leaves and Pumpkin Spice everything. So, in my attempt to hold on to Fall a little bit longer, I'm sharing my bucket list.
1. Once the weather starts to get cool, I love walking through Central Park to peep all the leaves that are changing colors. Walking through The Mall & the Bow Bridge are some of my favorite spots to capture photos.
2. Fall isn't complete without a few pumpkins, right?! I love going to the Union Square Green Market this time of year. They have the best selection of fresh produce as well as pumpkins in all sizes and colors. I'll be stocking up on a few for my Thanksgiving tablescape.
3. I love to bake, especially around the Holidays. I always make Pumpkin Bread each year, but this year I'm planning to bake a few pies for Thanksgiving as well. What are your favorite recipes to make?
4. Nothing says Fall like scented candles lit on a cozy night at home. (insert wine here) I'm loving these candles from Target. Because you know, who doesn't need another reason to shop at Target?!
5. I recently learned of a local restaurant that offers Pasta Making Classes here in New York. And I'm excited to make a night of it with my best friend. I actually gifted him this experience for his Birthday last month. So now we just need to pick a date & go! Wine & Carbs....Yes, Please!
6. The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is a MUST to experience at least once. But last year I decided to go the night before to see the parade floats being inflated on the Upper Westside. They line the floats up over several city blocks and allow you to walk around getting a sneak peak of all the floats. It was definitely less crowded than the actual parade. And I'm excited to do it again this year!
7. Hosting Friendsgiving! Since I moved to New York, my roommates and I have hosted Thanksgiving for the past 3 years at our apartment. We love opening our home to anyone who doesn't have a place to go or just isn't able to travel home for the holiday. Bring on the pie & booze!
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving filled with all the food & surrounded by your friends & family!