I’ve had my share of Valentine’s Day as a SINGLE gal and I actually don’t mind it. I love LOVE just as much as the next girl, but I also love my independence. And I’m not afraid to embrace being Single and making the most of it. So if you find yourself Single or dating with no commitment this year, this post is for you. Because Valentine’s Day isn’t just about being in love with someone. It can also be celebrated with all of the people around you that you love. Don’t let this Hallmark Holiday get you down in the dumps about being Single, use it as an excuse to treat yo’ self, gather with girlfriends or just have a day to celebrate YOU.
1. Host a Galentine’s Night with your girlfriends. You can keep it low key with movies & wine. Or have a theme and go all out with decorations and specialty cocktails.
2. Go to a local wine tasting with friends.
3. Cozy up at home w/ a Sex & the City marathon.
4. Get dressed up and go out with your girlfriends for a night out on the town.
5. Spend the evening at home and treat yo self with your favorite bottle of wine, face mask & chocolate to indulge in.
6. Gather your girlfriends to have a nice brunch at a local spot you all love.
7. Have a spa day. Get a facial or mani + pedi. Self care is the best care.
8. Have a coffee date with a friend at a fancy coffee shop.
9. Find a Singles event in your city to attend. Maybe Cupid will strike.
10. FaceTime a friend and have a virtual wine night while you catch up with one another.
11. Find out what your Love Language is. Take the quiz here.
12. Take a bubble bath at home and apply your most elaborate skincare routine. And pop a bottle of bubbly.
13. Show yourself some love. Buy some pretty flowers & your favorite chocolates.
14. Grab takeout from your favorite restaurant, open a bottle of wine & watch all the Rom Coms on Netflix from the comfort of your home in your pajamas.
Celebrate in any way that makes you happy. Love comes in many forms. And the most important relationship in life, is the one that you have with yourself.
How will YOU be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year?!